Fall Club Prep
2020 Covid-19 Update
Dear Ducks Family,
We hope you and your families are safe and healthy, and enjoying your summer. We wanted to provide you the most current update about volleyball and Ducks Volleyball. We are working diligently to put into place quality programming for our 2020 Fall Club Prep programs as well as the 2021 Club volleyball season. As you know, the ongoing challenges of COVID-19 have created delays in our registration process, as we are awaiting confirmation of facility rentals, clarification of cleaning protocols, and updated training protocols from Volleyball BC and ViaSport. Many things are continually changing, and we are doing our best to adapt, while keeping our athletes, coaches, and families safe and healthy. Thank you for your flexibility and patience as we work through this new norm.
The Ducks will run Fall Prep programming beginning in October. Registration will open at the beginning of September. Indoor programming will look significantly different based on the indoor training protocols put in place by Volleyball BC and gym usage protocol puts in place by SD43.
SD43 has confirmed that gym rentals will resume in October. Therefore, there is no gym availability in September for indoor programming as they work through cleaning protocols, transition times, and work with the needs of each user group. The decisions made by SD43 over the next several weeks will directly impact our facility usage and the number of programs we are able to run. Before beginning the registration process for Fall Prep, we are waiting for clarity on the times available, number of gym sites, additional costs, and indoor playing protocols.
Training Options for September
- Ducks Fall Beach Training – Ducks Beach will be offering Fall Training for the month of September. The Ducks are encouraging athletes to sign up for Fall Ducks Beach training. Beach is an excellent, possibly the best, method for continuing to train, develop all your skills, and play. The outdoor protocols for training are currently much more flexible than indoor. During beach training, athletes can play adapted and modified games and train in groups of 8. For more information, please go to our Ducks Beach website. As with any programming during this time, space is extremely limited.
- NOW Fall Ball Camp – The Ducks have been working together with NOW Volleyball to provide a Fall Ball Camp during the month of September, until the Ducks have full access to SD43 facilities in October. The camp will take place at Harry Jerome, is run by experienced and professional coaches, and will be providing supplemental training for 3 weekends. Please be aware that indoor training is very restrictive at the moment, and indoor facilities are difficult to obtain.
Ducks Club 2021
We are beginning to put in place tentative plans for the upcoming season. Everything at this point is tentative, given the current protocols, indoor volleyball game play has not been approved. The upcoming high school season is still undecided as to if it will run and if it does run, how it will operate. At this point, competitions and tournaments are not allowed. We know that things will be different for the upcoming season. Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to predict what that will look like. We will be putting in place a coaching staff and adapting to information we receive and do our best to provide safe, quality training and a great environment to grow and learn. Please familiarize yourself with the most updated indoor protocols on the Volleyball BC Return to Play Plan and the Ducks Indoor Return to Play Plan.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
(updated Aug 16, 2020)
2020 Fall Club Prep
Club Prep sessions provide elite training from our Ducks High Performance coaching staff so athletes can be prepared and at their best for club volleyball tryouts. Club Prep is for U12-U16 male and female athletes, and is open to athletes from any club, with sessions for beginner to advanced players. Training will focus on building a stronger well rounded technical foundation, enhancing tactical knowledge, and understanding of Ducks systems. Training will implement skills through various game situations, and will take place in a positive, collaborative and competitive environment for a much deeper level of learning.
* High coach to athlete ratio to ensure hundreds of meaningful contacts will take place, and appropriate feedback is delivered to each of our athletes.
*Athletes from other clubs are welcome to join, Athlete Release Forms are NOT required
*Age levels are based on 2021 club season of play:
12U (born in 2009 or later)
13U (born in 2008 or later)
14U (born in 2007 or later)
15U (born in 2006 or later)
16U (born in 2005 or later)
17U (born in 2004 or later)
18U (born in 2003 or later)
Steps to complete prior to registration:
- Athletes and families are required to fully read and understand our RETURN TO PLAY AND SAFETY PLAN prior to registering in our programs.
- Fill out and save INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
- Fill out and save HEALTH DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE
- Please fill out above forms prior to registering and save to the device you will be registering from to save time
*PRO TIPS – if you are registering from your phone, you can save a screenshot of the filled out and signed form to your images and upload the photo during the reg process
*Dont have a printer? screenshot each page of the document – open the image on your iPhone and go to “edit” under edit, you can choose “markup” and sign the image manually – save to your phone and upload during reg