2022 Early SignING
2022 - for invited athletes only
Updated: September 22, 2021
The Ducks have begun to use the early signing period (September 15th, 2021 – October 7th, 2021), and will continue to do so until the end of the signing period. The number of athletes that will be early signed will vary by age group and will be based on various factors, including gym availability, coaches, athletes ability level, and number of teams being offered, however, the Ducks will look to early sign between 65-75% of our athletes from the previous season in each age group (excluding 12U, 13U and 14U). For example, if the Ducks only have the capacity to run 2 teams at an age group, we may look to early sign 16-18 athletes out of 24 spots to allow athletes to enter the Ducks through application and/or tryouts.
It is important to understand that the Ducks are looking to limit the number and size of tryouts run due to COVID-19, as recommended and implemented by Volleyball BC and ViaSport. We are seeking to create as many teams as possible through the early signing and athlete application periods. We recognize this does not work effectively for all age levels and will adapt our process as necessary. Athletes and families need to understand that through this process we are trying to find the balance of providing loyalty to athletes and families, while still providing opportunities for new athletes to join the club. By accepting an early signing offer, you are committed to the Ducks for 2022. When more than 1 team is offered in an age group, there will be a mandatory team placement session to determine the athletes team for the season. These teams are not negotiable once decided by the selection committee. The Ducks believe that team placement sessions are valuable learning experiences and necessary for proper placement and identification.
Early Signing OFFER ACCEPTED – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- An athlete that accepts a spot during the application period will be guaranteed a place on a Ducks team for 2022.
- An athlete is not guaranteed a starting position or playing time.
- When more than 1 team is offered in an age group, athletes that accept early signing will take part in a Ducks only mandatory team placement session for 2022. This team placement session may also include athletes that have been selected during the application period following the early signing window closes. If rosters are not complete following the application period, an open tryout will be scheduled to complete the rosters.
- All athletes are required complete the form below, verifying acceptance or declining of the position. Athletes accepting are required to upload their signed form from Volleyball BC to officially accept an offered spot. Athletes choosing to decline the spot, may choose to use the application period to join the Ducks again. Athletes that have confirmed their spot, may not tryout for other clubs.
- The Ducks may rescind offers after 36 hours at the discretion of the Ducks Executive if a response has not been given by the athlete.
- Athletes will be asked for a non-refundable deposit of $500 when accepting a spot on a team for 2022. We are currently building our budget and with many unknowns it is challenging. We will finalize details shortly. The costs for the 2022 season are difficult to estimate due to the increased costs in facilities, increased cost of and number of tournaments, insurance, and equipment. We can tentatively estimate:
- Junior Ducks (11U-12U) between $575 – $675
- Female Non-Elite teams (13U – 18U) between $950 – $1150
- Female Elite (14U – 18U) between $1450 – $1650
- Male teams will range between $1100 – $1300
- If you have any questions about financial support, payment plan etc. please email email@example.com
Step 1: Complete the Volleyball BC Form that was emailed to you
Step 2: Complete the Ducks Application Offer form (below) + Upload the completed Volleyball BC form
Step 3: Complete the Team Snap deposit for the season (will be sent to confirmed athletes in 3-5 days)