2021 Early Signing & OFFERED APPLICANTS
2021 - for invited athletes only
Updated: November 15, 2020
The Ducks have begun to use the early signing period, and will do so until the end of the signing period. The number of athletes that will be early signed will vary by age group and will be based on various factors, including gym availability and coaches, however, the Ducks will look to early-sign between 70-85% of our capacity at each age group. For example, if the Ducks only have the capacity to run 2 teams at an age group, we may look to early sign 16-20 athletes out of 24 spots to allow athletes to enter the Ducks through application and/or tryouts.
It is important to understand that the Ducks are looking to limit the number of tryouts due to COVID-19, as recommended by Volleyball BC and ViaSport. We are seeking to create as many teams as possible through the early signing and athlete application periods. We recognize this does not work effectively for all age levels and will adapt our process as necessary. Athletes and families need to understand that there may be limited opportunities for club volleyball in 2021, by accepting an early signing offer, you are committed to the Ducks for 2021. When more than 1 team is offered in an age group, there will be a mandatory team placement session to determine the athletes team for the season. These teams are not negotiable once decided by the selection committee.
APPLICATION OFFER ACCEPTED – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- An athlete that accepts a spot during the application period will be guaranteed a place on a Ducks team for 2021.
- An athlete is not guaranteed a starting position.
- All athletes that accept early signing will take part in a Ducks only mandatory team placement session for 2021. This team placement session may also include athletes that have been selected during the early application period. If rosters are not complete following the application period, an open tryout will be scheduled to complete the rosters.
- All athletes are required complete the form below and the required form from Volleyball BC to officially accept an offered spot.
- The Ducks may rescind offers after 48 hours at the discretion of the Ducks Executive.
- Athletes will be asked for a non-refundable deposit when accepting a spot on a team for 2021. We are currently building our budget, with many unknowns it is challenging. We will finalize details shortly. The costs for the 2021 season will not be greater than last years costs, and in most cases will be lower. There will be a different cost for elite and non elite teams.
application offer accepted & Early Signing Steps
Step 1: Complete the Volleyball BC Form that was emailed to you
Step 2: Complete the Ducks Application Offer form (below) + Upload the completed Volleyball BC form
Step 3: Complete the Team Snap deposit for the season (will be sent to confirmed athletes in 5-7 days)